Wednesday, July 27, 2011

How do I get my partner to take out the trash?

Dear Angry Agony Aunt,
How do I get my partner to take out the trash?

Let me tell you a story.  I know nothing about skateboards.  But this didn’t stop me having a conversation with my boyfriend about it.  It’s always good to share some word time with your man and I thought, what better way than to talk to an ex homeboy/homosexual/gangster/whatever about skateboarding.  This is the beginning of the end of the conversation:

Him : … Getting air.
Me : What’s that?
Him : You know, when a skater, skates up the half pipe, hangs in the air and comes down again.  Getting air.
Me: What, like ‘flying the rack?’
Him : What?
Me : Flying the rack.
*Silence.* 
Me : Oh, I just made up a new catchphrase.  That’s awesome.
*Silence*
Me : (Westside fingers)
Him : (through gritted teeth and very slowly) What the hell is a rack?
Me : The skateboard silly.  So when you’re in the air, you’re (Westside fingers)
Him : I hate you and I hope you die.
Me : I’m so cool. (Westside fingers) Flying. (Shake the Westside fingers) The. Rack.
Him : You really don’t care about me do you?
Me : My blog.  That’s it, I’ll put it on my blog.  And, and, and, and.  I’ll start a Facebook page to get it introduced as a new term.  Oh yeah, and I’ll register www.flyingtherack.com.  They’re going to write about me in skateboard folk law. 

After that, my boyfriend never spoke to me again, except for that one time when asked me to return his Big Bang Theory DVD’s. 

So, how do you get your partner to take out the trash?  What are you asking me for?  Ask him.  And if that doesn't work, take out the trash yourself, you whinger.

Have a question?  Email me - angryauntis@gmail.com