Saturday, November 26, 2011

Should I drink it?

Like, hi Agony Aunt.  I’m at the pub at the moment with my gurlz and we’re having an awesome night.  A couple just left and they left a full glass of untouched champagne on the table.  I don’t really want to see it go to waste, should I drink it?  If you can hurry up with the answer, that’d be totally awesome.  I don’t really want to have to go to the bar because there’s a line and my heels are killing me.  Ta. You’re the best.

How dare that couple leave a full glass of alcohol in front of you?  What’s even worse is that they probably bought it during happy hour and you’re now on regular prices.  Bastards.  Some people just don’t know how to behave in pubs.

Don’t they know they should’ve skulled the drink before stumbling out the door?  I bet they were dressed like normal people as well.  No fake tan, no bunny ears and tea towels around their hips masquerading as miniskirts.  They would’ve bought shame to the pub by being polite, quiet and respectful.  The nerve of these people.  I don’t know why they were at a pub and not a retirement home. 

But I know you’re in a hurry for an answer, so here it is.  No, you don’t drink the full glass of bubbly delight.  I don’t care how much it’s taunting you.  Why?  Because you never drink a stranger’s drink ever.  At all, ever.  I mean ever.  Unless of course, the drink is some kind of magical potion that nourishes your brain with brain cells, then I say, drink it up baby. 

Have a question?  Send it to angryauntis@gmail.com

PS - And no, *sigh* champagne isn’t a magical potion that nourishes your brain with brain cells.  Your best friend Tiffany might tell you it is, but it’s not.